Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Newish Book on Karakorum!!!!


https://smile.amazon.com/Karakorum-History-Legacy-Mongol-Capital/dp/154672298X/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=karakorum&qid=1582771474&sr=8-2

In January the Kingdom of Trimaris had their winter ArtSci Festival. The theme was Trimaris Winter ArtSci on the Steppes. Someone remembered I was a Mongol who teaches classes so I got invited to teach some classes. As I was checking my research to see if there was any knew resources that came out since I originally prepared my classes, I ran across this new treatise!

Editors, Charles River. Karakorum: The History and Legacy of the Mongol Empire's Capital. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform 2017.

This is a self published 50 page very well researched treatise. A great little history of the Mongol capital and well cited to boot. It is filled with citations and pictures. The text itself offer a well researched history of the Mongol Capital. Apparently it has been available since 2017. As someone who searches the net for new mongol sources periodically. I was thrilled to find this. I have no Idea how I missed this. It is available through amazon. It is exactly as advertised. Go pick it up!

https://smile.amazon.com/Karakorum-History-Legacy-Mongol-Capital/dp/154672298X/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=karakorum&qid=1582771474&sr=8-2

This is what happens when there is no market for niche history, skilled scholars are forced to bark their wares in hopes someone will bite for all their effort. Give them some support it is nice to see work like this available.





No comments:

Post a Comment